Are you prepared and equipped to defend your company and prevent a ransomware attack?
It’s vital yourself and your team are well prepared and well equipped for the possibility of a ransomware attack. The battles most won are the battles that are well planned out and prepared for, also well equipped with the tools or knowledge required for the battle or in this case.. A ransomware attack.
Ransomware attacks are common within the underworld, cybercriminals will look for any weakness then act. If you aren’t prepared with the measures and knowledge in place as well as training your team then that is a huge weakness.
Below are some steps you can take as a preventative.
Steps You Can Take To Prevent A Ransomware Attack
- Make sure you are running up to date end point security and anti-virus software for all your emails.
- Implement monitoring tools across your systems to detect ransomware early.
- Make it easier for your employees to do the right thing than the wrong thing, your employees are the most vulnerable so they must know what to do in an attack.
- Establish a plan for business continuity.
- Implement ani-phishing campaigns and block malicious websites.
- Implement identity management and least privileged access.
- Put your team through frequent training so they are properly prepared and know what to look out for and how to act on it.
- Back up your data early and often.
What To Do Next
We hope these tips have been helpful and help you protect your business effectively.
If you require any further help, advice or support, don’t hesitate to get in contact with our helpful and knowledgeable support team in Ayr.